Sunday 22 November 2009

I love this time of year!!

Don't you just love this time of year??? Not only because of (mine and) Manon's birthday (she turned 13!!!) but also because of Sinterklaas and Xmas! And although it's a pretty hectic time, I enjoy every minute and because of that I'm constantly in the mood to scrap (what a shame there are only 24 hours in one day)! Here's one of my recent scrappy purchases, an old fashioned type writer, which I found on the internet! Love to use it for my journaling!

Our birthdays were last weekend and we had a marvellous time; lots of family and friends over, lots of cake and lots of presents! Look what I got.... a Slice!!! Yeah!!
Our birthday girl!!!
Then yesterday we watched the arrival of Sinterklaas here in Delft. It was a pity that Manon's soccer game was in the afternoon so Patrick and she couldn't come with us, but Timothy, Mats and I hugely enjoyed ourselves.
And then yesterday evening I finished this!! When I was in my favorite scrapbook store, Scrapbook Nederland in Voorburg about 2 weeks ago, I saw this wooden advent box and fell in love with it straight away!

Firstly I painted the box, then I cut all the rectangles and machine stitched them, then I inked and embellished them and finally I glued them to the box. I used the Xmas line, Jolly by Golly, from Cosmo Cricket (LOVE it), some Bazzill for the numbers (cut them with my new Slice!!) and a little bit of this and that.
Hope you have a wonderful time too and I would love to see your comments!
Thanks and see you soon! Monique

7 comments:

  1. Je box is wel super mooi geworden. Wat een leuke foto's (mooi paard van Sint!LOL!)
    Veel plezier met je typewriter en je Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Sinterklaas arrived so early?
    A great photo of him and I am envious of your advent box. It is so gorgeous. Do you have little sweets or chocolates for each of the children inside?
    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nog van harte gefeliciteerd met Manons verjaardag! Je adventbox is echt supergaaf geworden. Wauw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about this time of year from you. There is so much going on. LOL. LOVE your advent box - I've got my eye on the Kaiser one but yours is much better. You now have a teenager in the family - yahoo!!!! ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allebei van nog van harte met de verjaardagen hoor!!! En je maakt me stinkend jaloers met deze post... een oude typemachine EN een slice... meis, wat een verwennerij om dat in huis te hebben!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos of the arrival of Sinterklass!
    Your advent calendar is just gorgeous. I really love all the festive embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat is 'ie gaaf geworden, die adventkalender! Heel mooi gedaan. En nu vullen he, het is bijna zover. Veel plezier ermee, groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete