Wednesday 20 January 2010

Feeling good!

Good morning to all of you!! Today is Wednesday and that means my day off!!! I've been a SAHM for 5 years and had 5 x 365 days off, but now that I'm working again I appreciate my one day off a 1000 times more!! And a day off means ..... SCRAPPING!!

But first I want to show you this photo of Mats' birthday party... It's his very first birthday party and he was so terribly excited!! He almost couldn't sleep the night before! The kids all got a new, very white t-shirt, which they had to change into a pirate t-shirt, an eye patch and an earring. Don't they look scarry? And of course we went looking for a treasure!!

And there's this photo of Manon I want to show you too. Yesterday she joined me when I took Jippie to the park. Of course I took my camera along! Don't they look cute together?

And then finally here's the layout I did yesterday. The sketch is from Sketchy Thursdays:

And this is the layout I created with it:

And some details:
I created this layout with both the sketch from "Sketchy Thursdays" and the "photo inspiration" challenge from Basic Grey in mind (even though these are in principal meant for cards...). As I couldn't choose between the two (and my days off are limited, LOL) and decided to combine the two (which I normally never do!).

I used the BG Eskimo Kisses line (papers, chip stickers and woolies), Bazzill, stamps from Creative Café/Autumn Leaves and HS, clear swirls from My Little Shoebox, bling from the local bead shop, felt stars, ribbon, cat's eye ink and border punches and my Slice!
This is it for now! I'm off to scrap some more!
Thanks for looking and hope you'll leave me a comment!
Hugs, Monique

7 comments:

  1. What a scary bunch of boys! Bbbbrrrr....!Lol!
    Wonderful pic of Manon and the second sweetest dog in the world! for me that is.
    Your layout is stunning, as ever. Love the little details such as the stars and that deer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo love your wintry take with this layout ! so many wonderful details ! the stitching & I love the shape you've used . & the use of this border punch here ! I 've never seen that punch used this way before ! brilliant idea , Monique !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this is soooo amazing!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such scary pirates - love the looks on their faces. Hope Mats had a great birthday. Love all the details you put on your pages and this one is fabulous. Glad you enjoyed, and made the most of your day off scrapping. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful l/o! love the border treatment. thanks for playing along with us!! - heidi, sketchy thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the bits and pieces are fantastic! I love the border, too.

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heel leuke layout, lekker veel details om naar te kijken.
    De piraatjes zijn super scary. en die foto van Manon en Jippie gaat vast ook een super layout worden!!
    groetjes, STefanie

    ReplyDelete