Sunday 21 August 2011

1st walk in the park & a card

Here's a layout I made for Inkido. I used the very last scraps of their spring/summer papers and I don't know why, but I find it much easier to scrap with a pile of scraps then with a pile of untouched, pristine papers ... I'm always afraid of making that very first cut in my paper, especially when I like the paper very much!! So, here it is:



The photos were taken some 12 years ago, but I never got round to scrap them. Of course the other embellishments I used such as the flowers, leaves, ribbon, butterfly, pearls and stamp are also from Inkido. The alpha stickers are from Basic Grey.

Then I have a card for you, made for the VC crop at MyScrapbookNook this weekend. I planned to do a lot more, but I don't know what got into me, but I've been (spring) cleaning like a madlady!! I got rid of all the little childrens' stuff I still had: books, puzzles, games, clothes, comic books, etc. I just couldn't stop! I went from the top of the house to the bottom and back and I've never seen the house so tidy!!! Don't know how long the tidiness will last as my hubby and kids are returning from their vacation this night but for now: Yeah!!!

Here's the card:


For this challenge you had to incorporate a woman's image. Used Graphic45 from one of the previous Nook kits.

This is it, I'm off to bed!! Good night and hope to see you back soon!
Hugs,
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Wat een bijzondere foto's om te hebben:) En je hebt ze ook prachtig verwerkt, je layout is super! En ik herken het wel een beetje van dat nieuwe en oude papier...soms zou ik een nieuw vel het liefst willen inlijsten omdat het van zichzelf al zo mooi is;) Je kaartje is ook prachtig trouwens. Heel mooi hoe je dat touw hebt verwerkt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design on the kraft paper. It's fun scrapping the photos from years back. . . when you have more time! You look the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi om die foto's alsnog te scrappen, het is een prachtig geheel geworden, net als je kaart!

    Groetjes, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous style on this card! Love that Cosmo line!:)

    ReplyDelete