Saturday 26 May 2012

{ Working 9 to 5 }

Working with October Afternoon's 9 to 5 that is, LOL! (Not my joke btw, but Danni's from the Nook and OA :) ). She was the one who pointed out the fun October Afternoon challenge for which I created this layout!

The challenge is: use the "9 to 5" line to create a project based on this sketch:


And because I bought a LOT of this collection that same day I started on the challenge straight away!
Here's my layout:



The journaling is about how I worked as a secretary for many years, but after completing a parttime study (of 5 years!) I changed my career and became an HR officer. The photo was taken the very first day I started working as an HR Officer with Allseas Engineering. Looking back this job was the most fantastic job I ever had! Working in an offshore company was really something special. I still recall the fun "office" parties and outings we had on board of their pipelaying vessels :).


Some close-ups:



How I love everything that October Afternoon carries .... the papers, the diecuts, the buttons, the stickers .... LOVE it all!! Oh and above all I ADORE their Washi Tape!! (I used it to create the border around the circles).

Okay, this is it for now. Have a fab weekend and thank you so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Monique

15 comments:

  1. Die lijn is perfect voor je foto:) Wat een gave layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have known where to start with this sketch but you nailed it Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hij is helemaal super Monique! Ik vind het een lastige collectie om iets mee te doen, maar jouw onderwerp en foto is er helemaal perfect voor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout! so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28 May, 2012

    Hij is gaaaaaf!! En wat leuk dat je die foto nog hebt. Ik moet toch ook nog eens gaan graven hoor.... LOL. Groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een ontzettend leuke layout Monique, ik vind dat je de schets erg leuk hebt uitgewerkt! en dit papier.. yummie, het ligt al voor me klaar, over een paar dagen ga ik er ook mee aan de slag!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous28 May, 2012

    Oooh wat lang geleden! Ja, dat was zeker een van de leukste bedrijven om te werken. Super layout. echt jou lijn! xx Miek

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I cannot believe you got this already. Mine is on the way! This is so beautiful and perfect topic and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superrrrrr alles klopt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you did really well with that sketch! I am quite used to sketches but this one is really challenging!! Love that you did one about yourself, and all those details look awesome!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout love all the details

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic take on the sketch ! Great Lo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this layout and all the layers you've added to it!

    ReplyDelete