Tuesday 27 November 2012

Quick Doodlebug Xmas Tutorial!

Hello everyone! Today it's time for a Doodlebug Christmas Tutorial!

I don't know about you, but in November and December I'm always terribly busy and although I would love to create some handmade Christmas cards or ornaments very often I just don't have the time!

Last year I decided that this year it would be different! I was going to start early and create handmade Christmas cards for my family and friends and create some decorations for our tree.... BUT .... of course I totally forgot about my resolution and didn't start early at all!

Because I still want to create some homemade cards and decorations, I decided on this super quick AND fun technique:

1. Gather your supplies: one sheet of doublesided Christmas paper (I used "Holliday Tweet" from Santa's Workshop) and a circle cutter.


2. Cut 4 circles of different sizes:


3. Fold them once:


4. Fold them twice:


5. Fold them a third time:


6. They should look like this:


7. Adhere them to a card (I added a glue dot in the middle of the fold so the circle would stay open too wide):


8. Stitch allong all 4 sides of the card, add a sentiment and a little sticker to the top of the tree and you're done!! Easy Peasy!


But, wait there's more! I said cards and ornaments ... and this technique is easily translated from a card to an ornament, look:

1. Punch the same 4 circles and fold them the exact way as you did above:


2. Instead of adhering them to paper, you simply string a piece of Doodle Twine through them and then you'll have this:


That's it!! Easy Peasy!

Hope you like it!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Santa's Workshop, North Pole and Petit Prints; Cardstock Stickers: Icons from Santa's Workshop and Doodles "Merry Christmas".

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Oh easy peasy - just a little something you whipped up???? ROFL. Very cool. I look forward to recieving one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ms. Monique,
    Is there any way we can order your cards by bulk? I'm really dying to buy them and would appreciate a reply. :*(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk Monique !!!! Vooral die boomhanger is erg mooi ! Leuk idee !
    Groetjes Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk gedaan! Altijd prettig, een snelle manier om leuke kaarten te maken :-) Ook ik heb er nog geen een gemaakt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh wat leuk en duidelijk uitgelegd, zelfs ik snap het gelijk;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die kerstbomen zijn echt gaaf! Hele mooie kaarten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. supergaaf ! ga je pinnen ....

    ReplyDelete