But, of course, maybe you already own one or maybe you're still in doubt ... in that case let me show you a layout I created with the Silhouette Cameo:
Both the hearts background and the arrow with the word "awesome" are created with the Silhouette Cameo. Don't you just LOVE it? Here are two close-ups:
Even the most intricate designs can be cut with the Silhouette!
And it's soooo simple! Here let me try to show you:
2. Double click on the design you've chosen and it looks like this:
3. Because I wanted smaller hearts, as my photos aren't that large, I resized the shape by clicking on it and dragging the corner. When the shape was to my liking I copied and pasted it so I had 2 shapes and placed them next to each other, but slightly overlapping in the middle:
4. The next step is melting the two shapes into one:
5. Next I copied and pasted this shape as well and again placed one slightly over the other and melted them together again, so I had one perfect background shape:
7. All you have to do now is drag it into the size you want.
If you have the designer edition like me this is very simple indeed. If you look at the top of the Silhouette screen you'll see a ruler with the measurements of a 12x12 sheet slightly colored. When you drag you shape into the right size a line will appear leading straight to these measurements so you'll be able to see exactly what the size of your shape is. If you don't own the designer software it's also pretty easy: if you look closely at the shape you'll notice the measurements at the bottom, top and sides of the shape as well.
And that's it!! You're done! You've just created a beautiful background for your layout!
Now all you have to do is send your file to your Silhouette and hit the button to start cutting!
My Little Shoebox Supplies: Patterned Paper: Vintage Shop, Cherry Delight, Secret Garden; Cardstock Stickers: Vintage Shop, Coming Home.
Other Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts; Tape: Hema; Twine: The Twinery; Stamp: K&Company Smash; Stamping Ink: Memento; old bookpage
Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Sewing Machine.
So, if you would like to own a Silhouette too then visit My Little Shoebox' blog and enter their giveaway! Who knows, maybe you're the one who wins this awesome machine!!
Thanks for stopping by! and if you have any questions just ask! You'll find my email address in my profile.