Monday 2 September 2013

Animal Art - Imaginisce

For Imaginisce we were asked to create a "Kids Craft" project and when I wanted to get started I had a hard time deciding what to create! I had so many ideas! The idea I liked best was to create book marks for my 3 kids, but when I asked my 8 year old son for advice he insisted I’d create this animal for him! So of course I gave in and created this animal for him to play with.



Just in case you're wondering how I made him, I'm including the instructions for you: 

1. Cover a few empty toilet paper rolls with cardstock. 


2. Choose 4 different sheets of patterned paper (I used Imaginisce’s Outdoor Adventure) and cut 4 strips of 6” x 1 ¼ “, depending on the size of your paper rolls of course. 


3. Use “fringe” scissors on all 4 strips to create “hairs” for your animal and adhere to the paper roll. Punch holes in front and back of the paper rolls and use twine to tie the rolls together. Not too tight as the animal needs space to bend.  


4. Use your I-Top tool and medium sized brads (22 mm)  to create the eyes. 


5. Add pupils and feelers and you’re ready.


Supplies: Imaginsce (Outdoor Adventure): patterned paper; Brad daddies (medium). Other supplies: cardstock: Bazzill Basics; pupils/feeler/twine: misc. Tools: I-Top and paper punch: Imaginisce; Tiny Attacher: Tim Holtz; Fringe Scissors: Martha Stewart.


Easy right?! If you want to see the other designers' Kids Crafts projects, hop over to Imaginisce's blog! And while you're there check out the new September sketch challenge! The sketch is really awesome!! 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm hoping I'll have some time today to visit all your blogs to see what you've been up to these last couple of weeks!! 

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment