Sunday 1 September 2013

Don't Worry Be Happy - Pretty Little Studio

Sorry for being absent for soooo long, but I think you guessed it ... we were on holiday! And although I love being away for the summer holidays I'm always so glad to be back! I'll post a few pics tomorrow, but for now I'm going to try to catch up on scrappy projects. Let me start with the layout I created for my August guest design spot over at Pretty Little Studio.

I was asked to do the "OOTB" challenge ... this turned out to be a real challenge as I couldn't even translate "OOTB"!! I decided to admit that I had no clue and just ask what it meant .... I'm sure you all know what it means, but I was happy that Lisa told me it meant "Out Of The Box" challenge! Lol! Pretty obvious now that I know ... why didn't I think of that!? 

This was the photo I was given: 


and this is what I made: 


I don’t know about you, but I find inspiration in many things and often it isn’t always obvious that a certain photo was the trigger for a certain project. And I think you may think that about the project I created for this OOTB photo challenge. Looking at the photo the first impression was “sand/beach” and that got me thinking about beach layouts, then I noticed the flip-flops and I thought maybe I’ll create a card in the shape of a flip-flop, but in the end it was the expression “don’t worry, be happy” that stayed with me and which was the inspiration for this cute little project. It’s a wooden bird house, which I decorated with the “Nature Walk” collection. 


I have a soft spot for owls and over the years I’ve collected quite a few. (The big ceramic owl in the garden is the latest addition.) So when I saw the cute owl diecut I just had to use it for my project! Isn’t he adorable?


I sooooooooo love all the Pretty Little Studio products and am so happy to be joining their team as of today!! Have you visited the PLS website already? Here's a link in case you want to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm hoping you'll be back later this week for one of my other projects (or my holiday pics!).

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment