Wednesday 16 April 2014

Life is GREAT - Ruby Rock-It!

Hi everyone, yesterday I shared my very first project for Ruby Rock-it Bella! Fundamentals on their blog. But, of course, I wanted to share it on my own blog as well. So ..... here it is:

I was asked to create a little tutorial for you and knew exactly what I wanted to do. When I received my box overflowing with fabulous Ruby Rock-It Bella! products, my eye caught this pile of wonderful vellum packages! And because I love using vellum on my scrapbook pages these days (to create titles and overlays, to matt my photos, for backgrounds, etc.), I thought I would share with you how to create a fun background for your layout using an electronic die-cutting system like the Silhouette.

Here’s the page I created:


And here’s how I went about it: I chose a cutting file that went well with my photo, in this case a sunburst template and resized it to A4 format. Then I grabbed the pile of vellum packages and from the many designs I chose a dotted sheet of vellum. I placed it onto my Silhouette cutting mat:


I adjusted the settings to cut vellum, but because the vellum is so nice and “sturdy” I changed the blade settings for vellum from 1 to 2 and started cutting:


And it cut like a charm!


Next I chose a sheet of white cardstock and misted it little with a yellow color mist. One, because the yellow went well with the sun in my photo and two, because it made the vellum more visible. To adhere the vellum to my page I used my sewing machine, not only because I don’t like to see the glue dots shining through the vellum, but also because I just love the effect of machine stitching on my pages. I used some Scotch tape to keep the vellum in place while sewing and got started:



It was done in no time! And if you don’t own a sewing machine, stitching by hand is a perfect solution of course!

Here’re a few close-ups:



and last but not least: 



Supplies: Fundamentals Vellum, Bella! Yellow Fusion Paperz Floral, Bella! Yellow Fusion Paperz Damask, Bella! Sugar Candy Paperz Lemon Drop, Bella! Father Die-Cut Pack, Bella! Florals. Other: American Crafts cardstock, Misther Huey's color mist, Dymo word strip, old book page, Tim Holtz mini staples, misc. staples.

This is it, I hope you like it and that I've inspired you to use (more) vellum on your pages! Thanks for visiting my blog today and hope to see you back soon.

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. I love love love this!! LOVING the rays, the stitching and that gorgeous photo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is gorgeous, Monique!! I love the sunburst cut file, cut from the vellum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inking! The photo is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ich bin verliebt - in Windmühlen und dein Layout.... perfekt
    I am in love with both - the windmill and your Layout...perfect

    ReplyDelete