Here's a layout and little Silhouette tutorial I did for Scraptastic Kit Club with the April "I Lived" kit, the "I Lived add-on" and the "I Lived Cut File".
Every year the primary schools in lots of cities in The Netherlands have soccer competitions, which are called 4×4 (which simply stands for 4 players from one school against 4 players from another school). Every school can send as many teams as they want, as long as the teams have at least 4 players. My kids have very fond memories of these days, so these photos had to be scrapped! When I saw the papers and the cut file with all the numbers in the I Lived kit I knew straight away which photos to use!
I really love the cut file and knew that I wanted it somewhere on my page:
When I downloaded the April cut files I saw they came as a “png” file and because I used to struggle making these files work and to actually get them to cut, I thought I’d show you how to do that. I think most of you probably already know this, but for those of you who don’t (like me – for a loooooong time), here it is:
1. Open the “png image” in your Silhouette:
2. Click the “trace” button in the top right corner (6th button from the right):
3. Select trace area:
4. In the vertical row on the right “unclick” the “High Pass Filter” and move the “Threshold” all the way to the right to 100%:
5. Also in the vertical row on the right click the “Trace” button and you’ll see that the black numbers get red lines:
6. You can now remove the black numbers and only the red outlines (the cut lines) will remain:
7. Click on the cut file and drag the corners into the desired size:
And that’s it, you’re done! Very simple, right?
Hope you like it! And if you have any questions, just ask!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.