Saturday 17 October 2015

Beautiful Banners - Scrapbook Magazine UK issue 88

For Scrapbook Magazine UK I was asked to create 3 layouts for the theme "Bright & Beautiful Banners". This feature would show readers how to use smaller paper pieces to create an abundance of colour, texture and dimension on their pages through banners.

Well, that was an easy assignment as I already have the tendency to add banners to my pages. I have to remind myself not to add them to every single layout I create. Sometimes my banners are small, consisting of 3 flags only, and sometimes they are multi layered with a lot of colours and many different shapes and sizes. Sometimes I cut or punch them myself and sometimes I use readymade banners (like die-cuts or chipboard shapes). Sometimes I use paper to create them and sometimes I use fabric. The possibilities are endless.

In the layout “Take a Break” I used flags all the same size. In the “Celebrate” layout I used flags of different sizes and some with hearts or stars punched out or with a photo adhered to it. In the “Surprise Party” layout I used 3 sorts of readymade banners, but all a different shape and size. So you see, the same technique for every layout, but all of them turned out very different. Like I said, the possibilities of banners are endless!

Layout: Take A Break (October Afternoon)


 Here I used banners of all the same size and just layered them all on top of each other:



Supply list: patterned paper, die-cuts, letter stickers (red), flair: October Afternoon; letter stickers (grey): American Crafts; wood veneer, stamp: Scraptastic Club; wood veneer (been there): Pink Fresh Studio; tag: Ruby Rock-It; twine: Hemptique; enamel dots: My Mind’s Eye; color mist: Studio Calico; Pen: K&Company; tiny staples: Tim Holtz; stamping ink: Stampin’Up. Tools: Aigger sewing machine, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

Layout: Celebrate (Pebbles)


For this layout I used flags of different sizes and some with hearts or stars punched out or with a photo adhered to it:



Supply list: patterned paper, die-cuts: Pebbles; cork butterflies, flair: Simple Stories; wood veneer: Studio Calico; twine: My Mind’s Eye; washi tape: Jillibean Soup; pen: K&Company; staples: V&D; stamp: Trodat; stamping ink: Ranger; digital cut file: Kerri Bradford. Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Aigger sewing machine, V&D long reach stapler.

And last but not least layout: Surprise Party (Pretty Little Studio)


And for this page  I used 3 sorts of readymade banners, but all a different shape and size:



Supply list: patterned paper, bingo cards, polaroid frame, picture card, tags, stickers, journaling cards, flags, paper ribbons:  Pretty Little Studio; buttons: Jenni Bowlin; twine: Hemptique; stamp: Trodat; stamping ink: Ranger; pen: K&Company; color mist: Studio Calico. Tools: Aigger sewing machine.

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a fab weekend!
Monique

4 comments:

  1. wat een mooie lo 's ! de onderste is echt mijn favoriet.... ik vind het papier zoooo leuk !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww! These are all AMAZING! I am LOVING how you did the banners on each one!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geweldig geweldig geweldig mooi. Stuk voor stuk.
    Ik snap wel dat ze jou vragen

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three your pages have beautiful designs...and I love that you used banners on all of them.

    ReplyDelete