Saturday 23 January 2016

Ocean Journey | Pretty Little Studio

Hi everyone! On Pretty Little Studio's blog we're featuring arrows and because I just love the colorful arrows from the Treasure Island collection I went with that collection. The photos I used are from our vacation in California – one of our most favorite vacations – and although it’s been almost six years ago I still love to scrap those photos. We went sailing in San Diego and thus perfect for the Treasure Island collection.


For this layout I didn’t use a whole lot of patterned papers, but way more embellishments. I started with the two horizontal strips of paper and placed my photos on top. Next I just started adding little cards, die-cuts, stickers etc until I thought I had enough (I always have to take care not to add too much and make a mess of it, lol). With the arrows I tried to emphasize the pointing arms in the little photo.


Although there wasn’t a cloud in the sky that day, I thought it was still fun to add these fun colorful die-cut clouds. And of course I just had to add a flair button somewhere too. I’m a huge fan of flairs buttons!


I also needed a bit of gold, like these vellum stickers. They are hard to take a photo of, but I think I succeeded. The anchor in the photo above is also gold, but that’s much harder to see.


PLS products used: Treasure Island collection: paper: Rogue Beach, Smooth Sailing; Flair Button: Discover Treasure; Die-cuts: Arrow Adventure, Pirate Cove, Faraway Frames, Out To Sea Clouds; Garland Flags: Under The Sea Paper Ribbons; Journaling & Pocket Cards: Boardwalk Bookmark, Set Sail 3×4; Stickers: Adventure Vellum Gold, Gold Treasure Flags; Cut-Outs: 1″ Pirate Tags, Sail Away Mini Bingo, Let’s Go Phrase Strips, Sea Shore Note Strips; Word Art: Waves.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!! 
Hugs,
Monique

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love all the layers! The clouds were a perfect addition to this fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the wood grain and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat gaaf weer, dit is echt weer een topper. Zulke leuke embellies ook, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat kan jij elke keer weer iets moois maken zeg! Ik geniet er in ieder geval van een probeer inspiratie er uit te vinden. Dat lukt, maar nu mijn uitwerking nog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wat een gave lo heb je weer gemaakt en er is ook weer van alles op e zien. en die kleuren zo lekker vrolijk. ik kan me voorstellen dat je dat een mooie vakantie vond. Ik ben er nog nooit geweest maar staat nog wel op het lijstje

    ReplyDelete