Monday 18 April 2016

Summer Love - Imaginisce

For today's blog post on Imaginisce's blog I created another layout using the "Sunny" collection. I just can't get enough of the colors and fun elements of this collection.

I started my page with a huge background cut file (from The Cut Shoppe) and arranged my photos in a way I could still see some of the text of the cut file. It wasn't necessary to see everything but I definitely wanted the first and last word to show.


Next I chose a patterned paper for the background and thought this yellow/white striped paper was just perfect for a Summers page. I cut off half an inch on two sides and glued it on white cardstock.  I chose some pink watercolor paint and painted a strip right in the middle and added some drops of paint as well. Once that had dried I adhered the cut file and two strips of patterned paper at the top en bottom of my page and machine stitched everything.

I proceeded by matting my photos and adhering them the way I liked. I added die-cuts, stickers and wood veneers and a date stamp and was done!

I adore the flamingo die-cut and thought it was fun to give him a hat, lol!


I used some of the wood veneers from Imaginisce's Happy Traveler collection.


Love the clear die-cuts in the ephemera pack. I adhered them with little staples.


Supplies:
Imaginisce: patterned papers, die-cut shapes, word strip stickers, sticker stacker (Sunny collection), wood veneers (Happy Traveler). American Crafts: cardstock. Other: cut file: The Cut Shoppe.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today!
xoxo
Monique


6 comments:

  1. What a sassy summer page - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING the title work, the colors, the photos and that flamingo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hartstikke gaaf en lekker zomers! Vooral die gestanste achtergrond vind ik mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh,I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw, wat een heerlijke zomerse layout. Vrolijke kleuren en dat snijbestand is super. Kortom, weer geweldig! Liefs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is FABULOUS!! LOVE The flamingo!!!

    ReplyDelete