Sunday 3 July 2016

Mermaid - Pretty Little Studio

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing one of my “Treasure Island” layouts on Pretty Little Studio's blog. Although this collection isn’t one of the brand new ones, it’s still one of my favorites! I chose a photo of my daughter which I’ve wanted to scrap from the moment I saw it (I wasn’t the one who took it). This week I finally sat down and did just that.

I started my page by misting the white cardstock with some yellow Mister Huey’s color mist and used a stencil with small circles. Next I punched a whole lot of circles from different patterned papers using different sized circle punches. I arranged these on my layout following the flow of the slide. Next I matted my photo and placed this on top of the circles and tucked one of the 3×4″ cards a bit under it on the left side. On the other side of the photo came the cute octopus die-cut. I finished my page by adding all the other bits and pieces like the stickers, the cut-outs, the word die-cut, the sequins and the tab. The journaling came last and then I was done! Hope you like it!


And a few close-ups:





PLS Product Used:
  • Treasure Island collection: Patterned Paper: Flying Fist Metallic Gold, Cannon Beach, Jolly Roger, Ship Deck Crumbles, Smooth Sailing Metallic Copper, Anchors Away, Castaway Sea, Walk The Plank; Vellum: Welcome Aboard; Die-Cuts: Crabby mini, Ollie Octopus; Journaling Cards: Mermaid Dreams; Word Art: Mermaid; Stickers: Adventure Vellum Gold, Gold Treasure Flags, Treasure Words; Confetti: Paradise; Cut-Outs: Let’s Go Phrase Strips; Tabs: Treasure Map.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you all have a great day!
xoxo
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Het plezier straalt er vanaf. Wat een leuke lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout with fabulous details!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the circles and the octopus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this design with all of those circles! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! beautiful!! LOVE the theme!!!!

    ReplyDelete