Hey everyone!! Welcome to the "Getting To Know You" blog hop from The Cut Shoppe!! You should be arriving from Eunyoung Lee's blog, if not you can start at The Cut Shoppe blog.
Each of the designers in this blog hop is giving away a $ 5.- Gift Certificate to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store so make sure you visit all of the designers' blogs and don't forget to leave a comment everywhere! I've included the complete blog hop list at the end of this post.
I started on the TCS's new design team as of July 1st and can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this. I've loved Ashley's cut files from the day she started designing them and am now so fortunate to have access to all of the new files from day one!!
Here's a layout I created for today's blog hop and used the super fun "Love Rules" cut file Ashley offered for FREE here on the TCS blog on February 11. Hop over if you want it too, it's still available!!
I used Pink Paislee's "Fancy Free" collection designed by Paige Evans which I adore! Here are a few close-up photos. Except using cut files on my pages I also love layering and creating clusters like I did here:
There are just so many fun details in this collection and I wanted to use all of them. The disadvantage of this being that I ended up covering up the inside of the cut file which is a large heart.
I adore those puffy stickers like this birdie!!
And this is the cut file I used, which you can find HERE (for free!):
Now on to the "get to know you" questions!
1. How many times in a week do you work on something scrapbook related?
- Well, that's an easy one: every day of the week!
2. What's your favorite subject to scrapbook?
- I almost always scrap my family (my 3 kids & husband), sometimes my parents, relatives & friends and sometimes I scrap a page about me.
3. What is your favorite color to use on your layouts/projects? What is your least favorite color?
- My favorite color is red and anything close to that color like pink/fuchsia/orange. I love bright happy colors! (I think the layout I created for today speaks for itself :).
- My least favorite color is grey or any dull color for that matter.
4. Why do you like using cut files on your layouts/projects?
- I adore using cut files on (almost all of) my pages because they give an extra dimension to your pages. They are so versatile: you can make them your own by changing the size or by cutting them from patterned paper instead of cardstock, or instead of cutting you can also print the file and use that or use the print & cut ... the possibilities are endless!
5. What are some of your other favorite hobbies? If you were not a scrapbooker, what other hobby do you think would consume most of your time?
- I've always had many hobbies and until I found scrapbooking reading took up most of my free time. Beside reading I love traveling, walking, aqua jogging, line dancing, the cinema, watching detectives, knitting ...
6. Tell us 5 things we don't know about you!
- I moved house 12 times but have been living in my current house for 20 years now and am not planning on leaving it any time soon!
- I love my garden but don't really like working in it.
- I'm 52 but still feel like a 38 year old.
- I'm addicted to coffee; I can drink 20 cups a day (but force myself not to!)
- I'm a hoarder of scrapbook stuff, books and hand bags (given the chance!).
Okay, so now you know "all" about me. If you'd like to learn all about the other design team members just follow the hop! Here's the blog hop order once again:
MONIQUE LIEDTKE - you're here!
Thank you so much for joining in this hop and don't forget to check The Cut Shoppe blog next week on July 13th to see if you're one of the winners of the $ 5.- Gift Certificate to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store!!
Now it's time to hop over to the blog of the amazing Michelle Stokes to learn more about her! Wishing you lots of fun during the rest of your hop!