Friday 19 August 2016

Geometric Shaped Gift Boxes - Pebbles

Hi everyone, today I thought I would share my Pebbles “Warm & Cozy” gift box set with you. I don’t know about you, but I never have enough gift boxes (even as I’m writing this blog post I’ve already given two of the three away!). When I saw the new “Warm & Cozy” collection, I couldn’t wait to dig in! I found the warm colors and all the different patterns so very beautiful! And because I quickly needed two thank you gifts for neighbors who had looked after my house when we were on vacation, I decided to create these quick, yet beautiful gift boxes.


As we’re featuring “geometric” shapes on the blog this week I decided to create the boxes in three different geometric shapes: a triangle (yellow), a septagon (red) and a octagon (blue) shaped box. I chose three different colors cardstock, three different sheets of patterned paper (two of them are double-sided that’s why you see five in the photo), a few chipboard leaves, some die-cut flowers, stickers, Thickers and some twine to the embellish the boxes:


For the base of the boxes I chose a digital cut file from the Silhouette store and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut them (bottom right photo). Before assembling the boxes I adhered all the little pieces of paper for the sides and top of the boxes first as this is much easier to do this when the boxes are still lying flat on the table! In case you’re wondering what the sizes of the boxes are, the cut file of the bottom of the blue box fitted exactly on a 12″x 12″ cardstock sheet as did the bottom of the yellow box. The red one is a bit smaller and was cut from a 11″x 11″cardstock sheet.


Next I folded and glued the boxes together and when I was finished they looked like this:


Then came the fun part: the embellishing of the boxes. The “Warm & Cozy” collection has so many beautiful chipboards and die-cuts I had a hard time choosing just a few. I decided on a uniform look and chose mainly leaves and flowers and a bit of twine for the top of all three boxes. Each “pile” of embellishments consists of: two chipboard leaves with a colored die-cut leave on top, then a piece of twine and right on top a large flower die-cut.


Last but not least came the choosing of the sentiment. Because I wasn’t quite sure which box I was going to give to whom I decided on “neutral” sentiments. For the triangle shaped box I chose a round “hi” sticker from the cardstock sticker pack:


For the octagon shaped box a “congrats” cardstock sticker:


For the septagon shaped box I used gold foil foam Thickers to add “Hi!”:


The last part was fun too: giving away two of the boxes! I filled the boxes with a typical Dutch treat: a bag of “stroopwafels” and brought them over to two of my neighbors. I don’t know what they liked best: the stroopwafels or the boxes, lol!


Supplies:
Warm & Cozy Arrows (733399)
Warm & Cozy Sprigs (733401)
Warm & Cozy Rose Gold Foiled Paper (733394)
Warm & Cozy Cardstock Stickers (733395)
Warm & Cozy Ephemera (733389)
Warm & Cozy Printed Chipboard Shapes (733393)
Baker’s Twine (732897)
American Crafts Gold Foil Foam Letter Stickers (733390)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Wishing you happy crafting!
xoxo
Monique


4 comments:

  1. Wat zijn ze ontzettend leuk! Echt een gaaf cadeau-idee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!! These are just gorgeous! LOVING the colors and shapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wie schön...
    they are wonderful... beautiful fall colors and details

    ReplyDelete