Sunday 28 August 2016

& Here Comes The Sun - Pretty Little Studio

Hi everyone, a few days ago I shared this summer layout created with the fabulous new collection “Here Comes The Sun“ on Pretty Little Studio's blog and I thought I'd share it here as well.

I adore the soft water colors in this collection and decided to give them a try myself! I started with a sheet of white cardstock and pink and yellow gelatos. I rubbed them both on a craft sheet, added a bit of water and using a plastic bag I transferred it onto my cardstock. My kids watched in wonder at what I was doing (I was a bit apprehensive too, as I had never done it this way) but we all loved the result! Definitely worth repeating!

The Pinterest photo for today was PERFECT for the “Here Comes The Sun” collection: the summer feeling, the colors and of course, the flamingo!


I used a photo of my daughter on a Greek beach from our last vacation last month:


And here are a few close-ups: I just love all the Pretty Little Studio gold die-cuts, like this mini ampersand:


Flair buttons are still one of my favorite embellishments! (but I find it hard to photograph them) … and look at that fun little ice cream die-cut! Isn’t it cute?! And because Greece was definitely one of our “dream vacations” I picked this 3×4 card.


Also love the little word stickers belonging to this collection!


And a close-up of the flamingo die-cut. I used the smaller size, but the large flamingo is adorable too!


PLS Products Used:

  • Pretty Please, Here Comes The Sun collection: Patterned Paper:  Paper Pack Summer Party 8×8, Tiny Hearts Gold Metallic, Yummy Medley, Miss You Much, Sunrise, Higher; Die-Cuts: Here Comes The Sun, Ampersand Gold Mini; Flair: Heart You; Stickers: Here Comes The Sun – Clear, Think Positive; Journaling: High 5 – 3×4.

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog to take a peek at my project!

Have a great day!
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Mooie kleuren en prachtige details! Wat een leuke lay-out! Vooral de gouden accenten vind ik mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. De luchtballon is geweldig, heerlijk 's zomers xx Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colours in this layout - soooo pretty. Just so you know, I tried your plastic bag and it worked!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fave techniques! Looks brilliant and I bet you do it again. Even MORE fun using bubble wrap plastic;)!!! AND Love the little embellies....you and me too re flair. Flair ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love this! LOVING the colors, the photo and that hot air balloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling - the colors and all the little bits are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete