Monday 8 August 2016

Pebbles Birthday Cards

Hello everyone! Today my very first blog post as a DT member of Pebbles Inc. is up on their blog! I would love if you'd pop over and let me know what you think!

For today's blog post I created a set of three 4"x 6" birthday cards (birthday cards being the cards I use the very most) using the Birthday Wishes collection. I only had three 12x12 sheets of patterned paper left, but as they were all double sided and sported that extra strip of paper at the bottom of the sheet, I had more than enough. 

Here's what I created:


The cards are all very similar in design, yet I tried to give them all a little something the other cards don't have.

What they all have in common is the large sentiments adhered on a strip of paper. For the sentiment I used American Crafts Thickers (gold "Imprint"). What is different is for example the ladybug die-cut on the first card I made:


The second card I made has a piece of twine that the others don't have: 



And the third card has a little bow as opposed to the other two. 



I love creating cards and luckily the persons I send them to love getting handmade cards!

In the photo collage below I'm showing you how to create the little bow I made for the third card.
1.: I used a set of dies from American Crafts and a few leftover pieces of paper. Using the Big Shot machine I cut out all the parts and started assembling.
2.: For the top of the bow you need the largest piece of paper (left in photo 1.) and - with the right side up - fold both the left and right sides inwards and adhere in the middle with a glue dot or a bit of foam adhesive.
3.: Next you wind the little strip of paper (right in photo 1.) around the middle.
4.: Layer every item on top of each other and staple together and you're done! 


Super easy and really fun for a bit of extra dimension on your card!

Supplies:
Birthday Wishes Single-Sided Paper Pad 12"x12" (732581)
Birthday Wishes Happy Birthday Gold Rub Ons
Fun In The Sun Chips Die-Cut Shapes (732835)
Fun In The Sun Enamel Dots (732834)
Baker's Twine 50yd spool (BT36-6508)
American Crafts Thickers Gold Imprint
American Crafts Styleboard Bow Die Set

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Wishing you a great week!
Monique

2 comments: