Wednesday 12 April 2017

Best Friends - Pretty Little Studio

Hey everyone! For Pretty Little Studio I created this Pinterest inspired layout. The Pinterest photo we chose for today’s post is a really easy one to be inpired by. What first caught my eye were the beautiful colors; I looked through all my PLS collections for the right colors and in the end I chose papers from the Let’s Go Travel collection, the You & Me collection and the Baby Claire collection. Of course I was also inspired by the form of the cake. For this I chose a round cut file from The Cut Shoppe (Get Around) to serve as the base for my layout. Last but not least I took inspiration from the fact that all the colors on the cake were mixed, which I also did on my page. Here’s what I created:


and this is the Pinterest photo we used:

source: http://www.thegunnysack.com/easter-cake-recipe/

As you can see I also mixed the blue, yellow and pink colors and randomly adhered them behind the cut file.


The photo I used is one of my daughter and niece on the beach almost two years ago. Except for being nieces they are also the best of friends – despite the age difference! Therefore the You & Me die-cut was perfect for a title, also because of the colors of course


The large butterfly die-cut, the flair, the tab and the word sticker are all from the You & Me collection. The Bingo card is from the Let’s Go Travel collection.


For the finishing touch I used my chevron punch in the left top corner and the bottom right corner of my layout and adhered a piece of patterned paper behind the chevrons. I also stamped the date (twice) and added a few drops of color spray and I was done!

I just love the colors in this Pinterest photo and hope I did them justice with my page. Here’s a list of what I used:

  • You & Me collection: Patterned Paper: Kissable 8×8, Love is Kind 8×8, Violets are Blue 8×8; Vellum: Tickle Me Gray 8×8; Flair: Heart You Buttons; Stickers: Valentine Words; Tabs: Together; Die-cuts: butterfly 4″; Word Art: Best Friends.
  • Let’s Go Travel collection: Patterned Paper: Portland 8×8; Vellum: Here 8×8 Blue, Zurich; Vellum Tape: Let’s Go; Bingo: Bahamas.
  • Baby Claire collection: Baby Claire Paper Pack 6×6.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Have a great day!
Monique

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the pie chart and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete