Tuesday 17 October 2017

My Creative Scrapbook October Step-By-Step Tutorial

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing another step-by-step tutorial for one of the pages I created with the fabulous October Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

I created a layout about my daughter and her love for books. As I totally adore the large die-cut letters from Jillibean Soup in this kit I just had to feature those! Here's the page I did:


And here's a quick step-by-step how I created this layout:

1. Gather everything you think you're going to need including a square photo (sized 10 cm x 10 cm or 4" x 4" including the white border):


2. Decide on a title for your page and place the letters in a circle on your background paper leaving one corner free for the photo. Use just a little bit of adhesive, so you can alter the position of the letters later-on if needed:  


3. In the October Main Kit you'll find many fun word stickers. Choose the smaller ones or cut larger word stickers in half and adhere these in a circle right beneath the letters you just adhered: 


4. Mat your photo and place it in the corner you left open. Embellish the right bottom corner of the photo a little: 


5. Type and print your journaling using lots of different fonts. My journaling consists of titles of my daughter's favorite books only.


6. Using the letter stickers from the Jillibean Soup cardstock stickers sheet add a few words before gluing printed journaling strips in place: 


7. (Hand) cut your journaling into small strips and fill the circle with these. Add one or two die-cuts as well: 


8. Sew the large die-cut letters in place either using your sewing machine or by hand. Add a few drops of yellow color mist and a date stamp and maybe a few extra embellishments and you're done!


Here are a few more close-ups: 



My daughter is very happy with how this turned out and asked if she could have the layout framed to hang in her room! Hope you like it too! 

I really really love this month's kit, Jillibean Soup is one of my very favorite manufacturers and I'm so happy Pam included the entire Farmhouse Stew collection in this kit, including all the papers twice (!), the cardstock & puffy stickers and all the die-cuts, including the large letters! 


Can't wait to see what you'll create with this kit. Don't forget to share your projects on our "inspiration central" facebook page

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today and if you want to see more tutorials then please visit the MCS blog and for more pages created with this fabulous kit then hop over to the Design Team Gallery

Wishing you happy scrapping! 

xx Monique

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo and that awesome title work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete