Thursday 12 July 2018

This is ME - JustNick Studio

Hi everyone! Last Tuesday my first layout for JustNick Studio was up on their blog and I thought I'd post it here as well. 

For my first layout I found a totally adorable cut file of a field full of tulips! What can be more appropriate than a field of tulips for a Dutchie?! So that's the cut file I went with and here's what I created:


I totally adore this cut file. I love that I can back all the flowers with lots of different pieces of patterned paper and make them super colorful! For my page I "stretched" the cut file just a little so the flowers are a bit "longer" and now cover my 12"x 12" background more. The cut file originally looks like this:



Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut the tulips cut file from a multi-colored sheet of patterned paper and then backed it with even more patterned papers, using the "Summer Vibes" collection from Simple Stories. Here are a few close-ups:


On top of every tulip I also attached an enamel dot and a few (word) stickers or diecuts,



I used my sewing machine to add a bit of fun stitching to all the stalks of the flowers.


I don't know if you can see it but in the photo I'm standing in a field of tulips! 

This is it, my first DT layout for JustNick. Hope you like it! 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Wishing you happy crafting!
xoxo
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING those tulips!! Just PERFECT with your photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geweldig, ben er weg van Monique!! Fijn weekend nog!

    ReplyDelete