Wednesday 15 August 2018

Last Day of School - My Creative Scrapbook August Main Kit step-by-step

Hey scrappy friends! Today I'm sharing a layout I created for My Creative Scrapbook with their August Main Kit and a fun tip for the Thickers that are included in this month's kit.

This is the page I created:


And this is the August Main kit I used. Loving the Bloom collection from Simple Stories and the few extra papers from Kaisercraft & American Crafts!


In the kit you can see the set of white Thickers I used for the title on my page. As my background is also white I didn't want the title to be white as well and decided to color them in colors matching my photo and the papers: 


I used markers from Stampin'Up from my stash and they worked really well.


I colored the letters while leaving them on their original sheet, so I was sure I wouldn't accidentally color my background paper. I adhered them on my page after they had dried completely.



To decide where I wanted the title I used the Tickers guide from American Crafts. The papers and the photo were still lying "loose'' on my background page so I was able to move them around a bit before deciding where everything should go. I did however staple the papers together, which made the arranging/rearranging easier.


When I had decided where everything should go I adhered the papers, photo and title and embellished with bits and pieces from the kit. 


Last but not least I added the machine stitching and some paint drops and I was done!



Don't you just love this kit?! At first I thought I would use this kit with all it's flower elements for photos of my daughter, but now I'm glad I used a photo of one of my sons as well, as it's just perfect! 

For more information about the kit hop over to the website! Or if you want to see more projects created with this kit then please visit the DT gallery

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the layers and loving how you added colors to the alphas!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete