Friday 14 December 2018

Fringe Christmas Tree - Step-By-Step for My Creative Scrapbook

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing step-by-step I create every month for the blog of My Creative Scrapbook! I'm a huge fan of Christmas kits and the MCS December Main Kit is absolutely stunning! It's filled with the Simple Vintage Christmas collection from Simple Stories. I decided to put my fringe scissors to good use and create a "fringe Christmas tree". Here's the layout I created:


Here's how I created this page: for one of my other December layouts I cut out the Christmas Tree (one of the free MCS December cut files) and for today's layout I used the left-over negative of the tree: 


This is the cut file I used (which you can find HERE scroll down):


Next I just cut 10 strips of paper, 2" wide and using my fringe scissors I cut them for approx. three quarters: 



To determine the order of the colors & designs of the tree, I placed them on top of the tree, changing them around until I was satisfied and only then I cut them to the right size:


I turned the white cardstock around and adhered the fringed strips to the back of the tree, starting at the top. I used both a bit of liquid glue and scotch tape to adhere them. 


When I turned my white cardstock around again it looked like this:


I really love the fringed look of the tree! 


I adhered the white cardstock on top of the red cardstock and as I love stitching on my layouts I used my sewing machine to stitch both around the layout as well as around the tree:


Now I just had to add my photo and embellish! The December Main kit contains many die-cuts, chipboards & stickers, so embellishing is easy! I also typed a few lines of journaling, cut them in strips and added them at the bottom of & below the tree.




This is it! Hope you like my page! Here's a photo of the kit I used for this page, the December Main kit:


For more details about the December kits hop over to the MCS website and for more photos of projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so much for stopping by and wishing you happy crafting!

xx Monique

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeee that tree!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete