Saturday 27 April 2019

You Are The Light Of My Life | JustNick Studio

Hi friends, here's a spring layout I created for JustNick Studio using the Broken Butterfly cut file. I adore all those "broken" cut files so when I saw this one I just knew I had to use it! Since I wanted to use a white background (but love my colors) I decided to cut the butterfly from a multicolored paper. Here's what I created:


This is the Broken Butterfly cut file I used:


I used Crate Paper's "Willow Lane" collection from Maggie Holmes. I think I have all of the collections she designed, I'm such a huge fan. This collection was just perfect for a spring layout featuring my beautiful daughter:


Although I had decided to use a white background in the end I thought it was a bit too white and so I brushed some light pink paint (Gelatos) over it, using a large square foam brush. Next I added lots of paint drops and then also cut off 1.5 cm from two sides and glued the white paper onto a patterned paper, so the background wasn't so white anymore:


After adhering the butterfly to my background, I placed the matted photo in the bottom right corner and embellished it. Next came the cluster in the top left corner (aren't those puffy stickers awesome?!):


And the little cluster in the top right corner:


When I had the three clusters in place I decided to fill all the spaces in the butterfly with little puffy hearts:



When I was finished I really loved the result! After some machine stitching and stamping the date my layout was almost done! The little pink bow was the perfect finishing touch! Hope you like it!

Don't forget to visit the JustNick store to check out this Broken Butterfly cut file or any other "broken" or not broken cut files.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo, the colors and that butterfly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete