Tuesday 23 July 2019

My Creative Scrapbook | July Main Kit | Our Story - a step-by-step

Hello friends, today I'm sharing a step-by-step for the "Our Story" layout which I created for My Creating Scrapbook using their July Main kit, filled with the Indigo & Ivy collection from Pink Paislee.

Even though I find this Pink Paislee collection very beautiful I struggled a little with it. Usually I tend to choose more vibrant colors for my projects, but I do like how my layouts turned out in the end (and I do love that this collection forced me to try something out of my comfort zone!). In case of this layout I simply added more color by painting the white cardstock background a little pink and light blue, which added the for me necessary color.

Here's the layout I'm talking about:


Except for the July Main kit I also used one of the July cut files (free for members) designed my especially for My Creative Scrapbook.

I got started on my layout by assembling all the materials I thought I might be needing:


including my Gelatos and the cut file:


I got started by painting the white cardstock with large pink and light blue stripes. I chose the two Gelato colors I wanted to use and drew a few lines on a Tim Holtz mat and added a little water. Using a large brush I painted the pink stripes first and when those had dried a little, I painted the light blues stripes in between:



The cut file was simply placed on top:


Using my little Sprocket printer I printed the three photos I wanted to include in the layout and added those to my page. Two of the photos I matted on two tags and one on a piece of patterned paper. I tucked a few die-cuts in between and tied a bit of twine to the tags:


Also included in the kit is a set of beautiful golden words of which I chose one for my layout:


When I was almost done I added a few drops of paint, stamped the date and some machine stitching. Here are a few close-ups of some details:


I really love all the gold accents in this collection. 




To complete the blog post is here a photo of the July Main kit:


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook web site. For photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo

2 comments: