Saturday 11 January 2020

Remember | Pretty Little Studio

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing this that I created using Pretty Little Studio's Indian Summer collection and one of the free PLS digital cut files, called “Fall Leaves“. I’ve had this photo of my youngest starting high school lying on my desk for ages and last week I finally decided to scrap a layout with it. As school started at the end of the summer, almost in the Fall, I thought that the warm colors of the Indian Summer collection were just perfect. Here’s what I created:


I totally adore the colors and designs in this collection and had such a hard time choosing between all the different patterned papers. I found this cut file a real treasure as it gave me the opportunity to use at least five different papers, one for each leaf:


I started my layout by coloring the white background with some yellow color mist, which I sprayed on a piece of plastic packaging first and then wiped this on my white cardstock. As soon as this had dried I added a few drops of tangerine color mist. While this was drying I hand cut the patterned papers to adhere behind the leaves and used a little liquid glue to adhere these. I arranged the leaves on my page and placed the matted photo in the top right corner. With the addition of a few clusters of embellishments, a title (a cut file from JustNick Studio), some handwritten journaling and some machine stitching my layout was done! Here are a few close-ups of the clusters:


Isn’t this owl adorable?! as are the colors!


I often use my tiny attacher to staple a all the die-cuts of a cluster together. In this way I can easily move the cluster around to find just the right spot for it.


Love all the flair buttons in this collection!

Here’s what I used for my layout: Indian Summer collection: 8×8 paper pack; Flair: So Fab; Die-Cuts: Indian Summer Leaves Vellum, Time Together, Beautiful Colors, Goodbye Summer, Happy Place 2; Free Cut File: Fall Leaves.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and taking a peek at my page! And don’t forget to hop over to the Pretty Little Studio Shop to take a look at this amazing collection!

xoxo

1 comment: