Friday 24 April 2020

It's Springtime! | JustNick & Doodlebug Design

Hello friends! How are you all doing? I hope you're doing fine where ever you are! Today I'm sharing my latest JustNick layout with you. I created this fun and colorful page with one of the new Easter cut files called "Easter Egg Background" and some Doodlebug goodies.


and this is the cut file I used:


What I love about this cut file is that it's filled with many wonderful flowers which I backed with 9 or 10 different patterned papers. I used the 6" x 6" double sided paper pad from Doodlebug's Simply Spring collection for this and love the result.


Look how great these papers look behind this cut file! When I was finished adhering all the different papers behind the cut file I chose a tangerine colored cardstock paper for the background and only then did I decide on which photos & embellishments to use.


Obviously the photo(s) had to be from Easter or right before or after Easter. These photos were taken the day before Easter, when my bff (in the front of the photo) came over for a quick coffee. We hadn't seen each other for almost 5 weeks, which is quite a long time for us, and we really needed to catch up. So, because of the Corona virus, we sat outside on my garden wall, with one and a half meter between us, drinking coffee and talking a lot. Because of the beautiful weather (and the magnificent blooming tree in my front garden) we had a great time (although the situation remained really surreal).


Choosing embellishments wasn't very hard as Doodlebug's collection come with o many die-cuts and stickers, and look at the awesome sheep!


Next I wrote my journaling around the edge of the Easter egg and machine stitched around the edges of the background paper and here and there on my layout.


I really love the result. This cut file is so super cute and just perfect for this Spring collection from Doodlebug. Make sure to hop over to the store to grab this cut file or one of the many many others!

Thank you so much for stopping by to have a look at what I made. Have a great week and please stay safe!

Hugs,


2 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooo CUTE! I love love love that egg, the colors, the bunny and the lamb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik had hem al love bewonderen maar bij deze hij is geweldig

    ReplyDelete