Monday 21 July 2014

Kids Crafts Bookworm - Ruby Rock-It


Hi everyone! Today I want to share a simple, but fun kids crafts project I made for Ruby Rock-It! My youngest is a real bookworm, so what better than creating bookworms with a bookworm for his books? Here's what we made (yes, I did help him a bit ... ): 


The steps to create these are very simple: punch circles in 2 different sizes: 


Use a paper piercer to pierce holes on both sides of the circles:


and use brads to attach them to one another: 


We used a 1" and a 1.5" circle punch (scalloped) and punched six 1" circles and five 1.5"circles to create one bookworm. 


My son decided that one of his bookworms needed legs, so we pierced some more holes and used twine to create the legs:


and a close-up:



So in case there's a moment this summer vacation when your kids say they're bored and they want you to entertain them, why not create a few bookworms together? Maybe create one for yourself too?


My supply list:

Other supplies:
Doodlebug: brads
The Twinery: twine
Martha Stewart 1" scalloped circle punch
Uchida 1.5" scalloped circle punch


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! 



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous21 July, 2014

    Very cute Monique - love the legs LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those legs are great ;0))))) I'm a big bookworm, too and I work in a bookstore. This would be a perfect idea for a giveaway at the "Welttag des Buches" :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Such a fun idea! My kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete