Saturday, 31 January 2009
Goodbye Dolls & Decorations....
Friday, 30 January 2009
A new sketch
And have a very scrappy weekend!!
Friday, 23 January 2009
I DESIGN FOR....
- Tanya Leigh
- Mieke Nagtegaal (with whom I started my scrapbooking career back in 2003)
- Vicki Parker (my bloggy friend from the other side of the world)
- Stefanie Semple
- Jessica Hornung
- Helen Tilbury
En dit zijn de schetsen en mijn layouts die ik had ingestuurd voor de DT Call:
Tot ziens op de site van LSOS en doen jullie een keer mee met een sketch challenge??? Ja toch!
See you soon on the LSOS' blog and hope you'll play along sometime with one of the fabulous sketches!!
Queen & Co
Wednesday, 21 January 2009
Dare to use Color
Finished a layout for a challenge on a Dutch scrapbooking site "Dare to use Color". This month's challenge is to create something with the colors black and orange. Doesn't have to be a lo, but it must include some photos. If you want to see what I made check out their site. On the left hand site you'll find the galery for all the dares. Mine is placed under dare#13.
Saturday, 17 January 2009
Blog candy at Paper Popsicles!
Friday, 16 January 2009
Scrap the Boys
And because of all the spare time I have (with Mats going to school too) I found another amazing blog with challenges..... This time an "boys only" blog, it's called "Scrap the Boys". So I did! The January challenge was to create a page inspired by the new blog banner....
Wednesday, 14 January 2009
And yet another challenge....
I'm turning into a real "blog hopper"; I love to read blogs of other scrappers and admire their work and I love to participate in all kinds of challenges! This way I found the "Black Magic" sketch blog. Here you have the chance to create and submit layouts with black as the predominant color. Each fortnight the Creative Team will provide a new sketch. You will be required to have your layouts showcase predominantly black and then use a combination of our monthly palette of colours. The first challenge for this year was: besides black, use pink, turkoise and white and some rub-ons. So, Tuesday evening, when Conny came over to scrap I decided to give it a go and this is what I made of it! Hope you'll like it.
Tuesday, 13 January 2009
2008 in review
1. Jan: Mats werd 3 en dit zijn de Elmo traktaties voor de peuterspeelzaal; 2. Feb: Mats krijgt een “groot” bed 3. Mrt: Manon zorgt voor de paassfeer in huis; 4. Apr: Timothy’s team bij 4x4 voetbal via school; 5. Mei: Vakantie in Schotland en Timothy’s 9e verjaardag; 6. Juni: Dansvoor-stelling “Kleur” van Manons dansschool Coby Ouwersloot in schouwburg Rijswijk, Oranje voetbalt; 7. Juli: bbq bij Thijs op de boerderij ter afsluiting voetbalseizoen F7 Timothy;
8. Aug.: Op vakantie in Frankrijk, we gaan 1 week naar de Ardèche: Bourg-Argental en 1 week naar Cardet met Paul en Michèle met de kids; 9. Sept.: De kinderen in tuin van het Prinsenhof in Delft; 10. Okt.: Pompoenmaskers maken voor Halloween; 11. Nov.: Manon wordt 12! Kaarsjes uitblazen blijft leuk! 12. Dec. Kerstavond met cadeautjes onder de kerstboom en Mats wordt 4! Kaarsjes uitblazen van zijn gele Diego marsepeintaart!
When I visited the blog "Journaling Junkie" and read their latest challenge I just knew I had to participate. The challenge was to create a layout either about your celebration of New Year's, or your resolutions or a review of 2008 and as you can see I chose the latter. So many times I wanted to create such a layout, but it just never happened.....and now it has!
1. Jan.: Mats turned 3 (in Dec.) and these are his Elmo treats for kindergarten; 2. Feb.: Mats gets a “big” bed! 3.: March: Manon takes care of the easter decorations; 4. April: Timothy’s school soccer team for the 4x4 games; 5. May: Our holiday in Scotland and Timothy’s 9th birthday; 6. June: Manon with her streetdance class during the performance “Colour” in the theatre in Rijswijk; EK: Oranje (Dutch soccer team) plays and everybody has the orange fever; 7. July: end-of-season barbecue with Timothy’s soccer team.
8. Aug.: Holiday in France: 1st week in a chalet in the Ardèche in Bourg-Argental and the 2nd week at camping Beau Rivage in Cardet with Paul and Michèle and kids; 9. September: The kids in the garden of “het Prinsenhof” in the centre of Delft; 10. Oct.: carving pumpkin masks for Halloween; 11. Nov.: Manon turns 12! Blowing out the candles is still fun! 12. Dec.: Xmas eve with presents under the Christmas tree. Mats turns 4!! Blowing out the candles from his yellow Diego marzipan cake!
And this morning my prize from Little shop of Sketches arrived, all the way from New Zealand!! Thanks Tanya, I love it (used part of it straight away on the layout above)!!
Monday, 12 January 2009
Last day of skating fun!
Sorry for the bad quality of the last one; it was getting dark so early! but as I don't have many photos with all 3 kids I wanted to show you anyway...
Friday, 9 January 2009
Thursday, 8 January 2009
Nook kit and Ewonne's blog
Sunday, 4 January 2009
The photos are a bit dark as it was late afternoon when I took these and although I didn't really notice it, it was already getting dark.....
And our little Mats enjoyed himself very much too!
Manon and Louise were too impatient to wait for their photo to be taken...... maybe tomorrow?
Friday, 2 January 2009
New Year's Resolutions
Did I mention what my resolutions are for 2009? No, I don't think so. I'm not normally one to make New Year's resolutions, but on 31st of December at 11.15 p.m., when everyone was busy, but me, I looked at the clock and found myself thinking about the comming year and what it might bring..... I started to wonder what my resolutions would be if I were to make them (I'm not making myself very clear, am I?).
And I came up with these goals and resolutions (I better write them down otherwise I'll never stick to them, LOL!):
- Find a job as a HR Advisor again; after 4 years of being a SAHM I look forward to a "real" job again!! and yes, I'll miss the time I spent with just Mats (especially our little morning routines), but as he's going to school anyway, the time has come to return to "normal" life again.
- Try to become a member of a Design Team of a scrapbooking (sketches) site (preferably internationally) and because I love sketches, I already submitted layouts to two sketch sites! (one I've told you about a few posts earlier and the other one I'll tell you later in this post).
and then usual resolutions:
- Be more patient with the kids!
- Stop feeling guilty when I'm not the perfect mother/wife/friend/neighbour/employee....I think I should be....
- Be more aware of the "little" things...
- Watch my weight.....
- Be more economical with money....
- Don't think but DO!!
- Find more time for me (to travel, read, scrap, etc.)!!
I just mentioned that I applied for another design team. This time I sent 2 layouts to "So Sketchy!". Ally has some wonderful sketches on her site and I would be thrilled to become a member of the team....These are the layouts I submitted:
Hope these layouts are good enough! I have to wait until the 14th of January to find out and I have to wait even longer for "Little Shop of Sketches": until 4th of February! But wouldn't it be just wonderful if one of my resolutions would come true straight away?? Keeping my fingers crossed!
And YOU?? Did you make any New Year's resolutions???????