Hello friends! Today I want to share the tutorial I created for Ruby Rock-It: an "Easy As Pie (Chart)" tutorial! Here's the page I made I'll explain step-by-step how I created it:
I decided to create this page without any help of my electronic die-cut system, but instead do it the "old" way with a pencil and a pair of scissors!
1. Draw a circle on a piece of cardstock: (I used a dish which happened to be the right size)
2. Hand cut the circle:
3. Divide into 4 equal parts. I used the two diagonal lines on my cutting mat to align my ruler:
4. Draw two more lines - this time randomly so your parts will be of different sizes - thus making the total 10 parts:
5. Now hand cut these parts:
6. And place them one by one on a piece of paper and cut around it:
7. Arrange the 10 pieces of the pie chart on your (cardstock)background paper:
8. And after you've decided where they should go adhere them with only a little bit of adhesive (so they stay in place when you sew them to your background paper):
9. Next use your sewing machine to stitch the pieces in place:
10. And now you can start building your layout!
Okay, this was my tutorial. Hope you liked it!
Last but not least my list of supplies:
Ruby Rock-It Carnival Queen Dotti
Ruby Rock-It Carnival Queen Yackety Yak
Old book page
Xenos wood veneer
Kerri Bradford cut file
Aigger sewing machine
Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!