Saturday 18 April 2015

A Maggie Holmes layout for CREATE Magazine

Good morning everyone! Today I thought I'd share the last layout I created for the March issue of CREATE magazine! This layout was done for the "Sketch Challenge".


I really loved the sketch and kept pretty close to it. I often struggle with sketches with more photos, so this one was just perfect. Instead of using one large tag I chose to use two smaller ones. This was inspired by the  Crate Paper collection I used: the Open Book collection from Maggie Holmes came with these fun stitched tags and I definitely wanted to use those.


I also replaced the row of tickets from the sketch with a few other embellishments I adored. That’s what I love about sketches, you can always adjust them to your liking.  


I really love the embellishments that belong to this collection!


Supplies:
patterned paper, stickers, die-cuts, ribbon tags, rub ons: Crate Paper; cardstock: Bazzill Basics; wood veneers: Scraptastic Club; paper clip, die-cuts: American Crafts; transparency: My Mind’s Eye; twine: The Twinery; stamping ink: Memento; mists: Studio Calico; stamps: Trodat; other: staples: Tim Holtz

And this is the sketch the layout is based upon:


If you haven't checked out the new issue (#13) of CREATE Magazine as yet, it's definitely worth your while to have a look!!

Thank you so much for stopping by again today!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Soooooo gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, the layers and the crepe paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. prachtige lo ! mooie kleurtjes allemaal ! en een mooie foto van je dochter !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the Maggie Holmes goodies, Monique!! And you did an awesome job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous, girly details here, Monique! Love all the gold and pink bits! What a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout - love the pops of gold and the way you have just really made this layout shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoi hoi

    wat een leuk lo en super foto. Er is ook weer van alles op te zien ik moet de naaimachine toch maar vaker gaan pakken . Het staat toch super

    groetjes Thamar

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a romantic layout.
    so beautiful

    ReplyDelete