Monday 6 April 2015

April Sketch Challenge - Pretty Little Studio

Hi everyone! This month’s sketch from Pretty Little Studio was really a fabulous one! I don’t know if you know, but the sketch was based on the layout of one of our former design team members: Jessy Christopher. If you’re familiar with Jessy’s work then you’ll know what her signature style is: pages with lots of white space, with light colors and very bright photos. In other words, nothing at all like my pages!

So when I got started on my page I had to get rid of the image in my head of Jessy’s layout, because I wouldn’t get anything done otherwise. That done I just got started. I had this almost 10 years old photo of my husband with our oldest son that I’ve been wanting to scrap for ages and I decided now was the time. Given the photo, Nature Walk was the best collection to use. I decided to go with 8.5”x 11” for the size of my page and to turn the sketch a quarter.


Instead of using 4 bookmark cards I used only 3 and 1 calendar card and then I just got started decorating. I love everything in the Nature Walk collection and when I say everything I really mean everything! This collection has been on my list of all-time favorites from the day I laid eyes on it! And in this collection the diecut of the owl family is my number 1 !! It’s so super cute. So I just had to include it in my layout!


I also adore this little bear (comes from the Birds Nest Bunting Flags cut-outs):


And these mushroom stickers are quite fun too:


I really love the result, hope you do too.

PLS Products Used: Nature Walk collection.

And this is the sketch for April:


Thank you for stopping by my blog today and I really hope I’ve inspired you to join us in this month’s PLS sketch challenge!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Prachtig zeg! Ik vind vooral de schattige figuurtjes (de uiltjes en de leuke paddenstoelen) superleuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun sketch - clever and fun!! I love this Nature Walk collection and the pieces of it that you have used are so marvelous!! Wow - I love the way you stitched across your banners on the top of them and at the bottom such a cool detail!! I just love this layout and you did it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cute owls (or birds) and the bear.... i am in love
    with the whole layout (as always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty layout!! LOVE the gold elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the fun photo and the splatters!! You rocked Jessy's sketch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete