Saturday 18 February 2017

Here Comes Trouble - like for ever kit club

Hi everyone, Monique here sharing another layout I created with the fabulous February Beep Beep Kit. For this layout I selected Dear Lizzy's beautiful Up & Away paper and a photo of my youngest son who’s showing me his new football shoes. I saved the paper I loved most till last but now I definitely wanted to use it and although the colours aren’t really colours for a boy I decided I was going to use it anyway. Here’s what I did:


I started my layout by piercing a heart shape in my white cardstock and (hand)punching lots of hearts from the Up & Away paper. I filled the pierced heart with the punched hearts, except for the space I had reserved for my photo:


When I had finished adhering all the hearts and put the (matted) photo with the journaling cards and tags in place, I hand stitched the pierced heart with yellow embroidery thread.


Next I studied the sheet of Thickers looking for a word that I could use for my title and discovered the word “trouble” on it… I knew straight away what my title would be! After finding the right spot for the title I adhered the fox die-cut (soooo cute!), the green word sticker and wrote a bit of journaling.


I also stapled a word flag to the photo and gave the cute bear a puffy camera:


he drops of silver color mist (Mister Huey’s) came last.

This is it! Hope you like it! Wishing you all a wonderful day!

xx Monique

4 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING that big heart and all the little ones too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaf zeg, met al die kleine hartjes in dat grote hart! Lekker fleurig. Liefs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout. I might just have enough patience for the hearts. But not the hand stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! The time that I am sure it took yielded amazing results! :)

    ReplyDelete