Wednesday 18 October 2017

Boss's Day Layout

Hi everyone! For Pebbles I created this layout about my work using the Woodland Forest collection. Did you know it was “Boss's Day” on October 16? I didn’t, so I had to learn more about it! When I looked it up, I found out that it’s a day “to thank our bosses for being kind and fair throughout the year”. When I read this, I decided it was high time I created a page about my boss and my work. I’ve been working for him & the company with great pleasure for eight years already! As this week we (at Pebbles) are also focusing on journaling, this really was the most perfect opportunity to write about my work and add it to my page.

As it happens, I had just snapped this picture of my boss and a colleague when we had dinner together the other day.  It was an obvious choice to use for my layout (yes, it looks like we have lots of fun in the office, but we also work hard, lol!). Here’s what I created:


I loved creating a page about my work and can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner! As I find journaling the hardest part of my layouts, I decided to start with that. I wrote my story on my laptop in Word. I then printed it on a piece of white cardstock and cut it to the right size, leaving enough room at the top for some Thickers to create a title:


The cardstock with the journaling was adhered on the right side of my layout.  To hide the “seam,” I glued a strip of paper over it. Next, I matted the photo and placed it on two pieces of patterned paper. Before adhering everything together, I wound a piece of twine around the photo for added texture. To add more depth to my page, I adhered the sticker of the gnome and the banner die-cut to the page—both with some AC Sticky Thumb foam adhesive.


Except for the gnome sticker and the banner die-cut, I also added these two rubber shapes. Aren’t they just perfect?!


Even though this layout doesn’t conform to my usual style, which uses many more embellishments, I really like the result. Hope you do too!



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Wishing you a wonderful day!

xoxo Monique

Supplies:
Woodland Forest Rubber Shapes (733438)
Woodland Forest Stitched Floral (733429)
Woodland Forest Fall Florals (733434)
Woodland Forest Woodland Critters (733435)
Woodland Forest Cardstock Stickers (733436)
Woodland Forest Ephemera Die-Cuts (733437)
Woodland Forest Wood Veneer Shapes (733439)
Woodland Forest Thickers Friends (733440)
Woodland Forest Cardstock Phrase Stickers (733442)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Adhesive Runner and Refill (340261)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Adhesive Foam White Dots (340272)

4 comments:

  1. Wauw, wat is deze ontzettend mooi en stijlvol geworden! Juist de strakke vormgeving en de lange tekst zorgen ervoor dat de foto en het verhaal erachter heel goed tot hun recht komen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that photo!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nou hier dan even een bericht van mij. Ik vind het allemaal zo gaaf wat jij maak. ik volg jou natuurlijk wel via instagram maar nu maar weer een via het bloggen.deze lo is weer top .

    fijne avond

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper was made for this picture i think... Great joice, perfect work. I love it

    ReplyDelete