Yesterday was my day off and this is how I spent it:
punching out butterflies to create this heart. I made it for my PCS/Inkido dt assignment and used assorted Inkido Xmas papers, rhinestones, flowers, a charm and a ribbon. The photo is of Mats' hand (then 4 years old) offering me a daisy he just found.
Here's a close-up:
and here are some step-by-step instructions:
1. Choose a heart to alter (this one is from the local garden centre Intratuin).
2. Choose 4 different scraps of paper and start punching. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
3. Use a hot glue gun to adhere the butterflies to the heart shape.
4. Cut out a heart shape for the sentre and ink the edges. Choose a photo and adhere to this centre heart. Punch a hole in the top centre. Choose assorted flowers, rhinestones and a charm.
5. Adhere rhinestones to the edge of the heart. Put a ribbon through the punched hole and adhere flowers and charm around the hole.
6. And done!! Here's the end result!
And now it's hanging in my dining room:
Hope you like it!!!!
Now about the give-away .... because I had my mini album published in the August issue of SCRAPBOOK TRENDS the publisher sent me 2 complimentary copies!! So if you want to have a copy of this issue:
just become a follower and leave a comment. That's it!! I'll draw a winner on Monday October 31!!
Btw, this is my published album:
and one of the pages (my dad and me, 1964):
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment to win the August ST!!!