Friday 15 April 2016

LOVE YOU - Doodlebug

TGIF! I love that I have Friday's off, so my weekend starts early. I start the day aqua jogging with two of my friends who happen to live in the same street and since the pool is at the end of our street we walk there. After aqua jogging we usually have coffee together for about an hour. Next I clean my house a bit and at 12.00 hr I collect my youngest from school so we can have lunch together instead of him staying at school during lunch hour. The afternoon I usually spend scrapbooking or reading, my favorite pastime, until 3 pm when the kids start arriving home again. Then we have afternoon tea (or hot chocolate) and I've got to start thinking about grocery shopping and what we'll eat in the evening and if maybe there's time for me to hop over to a LSS to do some scrapbook shopping as well (the store's open on Friday evening). All in all, my favorite day of the week!

And now I thought I'd share this Doodlebug layout I created using their "Anchors Aweigh" collection. It featured on Doodlebug's blog earlier this week so it's entirely possible you've already seen it.

Once in a while I love using watercolor paints on my projects and so it happened that when I started on this page I pulled out my children's watercolor paint box and got messy. Once the paper had dried (and I had tried to flatten it again) I began thinking about what next. I had this adorable photo of my hubby and our oldest son which I definitely wanted to use. As I love large titles on my layouts I decided to go look for one and found this "love you" cut file, which I really liked.


I loved the colors of the "New Adventure" paper and decided to use it to cut the title from. The angle of the title determined the design of the rest of my page and I just went with it. I matted the photo, added some stickers and flags and placed the lot in the corner of the title. 



Next I added the three squares with the little ships which I cut from the "Buoy O' Buoy" paper and I added the sticker of the sea gull on top of the title. Isn't he adorable?


Last but not least I added the fancy frills and the names & date and I was done!


Supplies:

Other: cut file: Silhouette Store, Corner Phrase #7453

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! Wishing you a wonderful day! 
Monique

5 comments:

  1. I like how you spend your Friday's!! Sounds like my kind of day! I love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the title work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helemaal mee eens, vrijdagen zijn heerlijk!
    En wat een ontzettend leuke lay-out heb je gemaakt! Hij straalt een heel leuk en vrolijk sfeertje uit, wat perfect bij de foto past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This page is amazing!! LOVE how you did the title work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool cut file, it makes for a very playful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this title !!!! so love it - especially with this colors..

    ReplyDelete