Sunday 9 July 2017

Water color tutorial for My Creative Scrapbook

Hi friends! Last Friday I shared this step-by-step tutorial for the "I heart Summer" layout on the blog of My Creative Scrapbook and I thought I'd share it here as well. I used the MCS July Main Kit with all the Simple Stories and Photoplay Paper products. How I adore the bright & sunny colors and designs in this kit!! Here's the layout I made:


For this layout I started with one of the MCS digital cut files: the palm tree, but instead of cutting the palm tree I removed the Silhouette Cameo cutting blade and inserted a brown Silhouette sketch pen. In the Silhouette settings I easily adjusted the settings (see on the right side, at the bottom):


After resizing the tree to almost page size I inserted the paper I wanted to draw on and pressed "Send to Silhouette":



The next step was water coloring the palm tree image. I used my Studio Calico water color paints and got to work:


I used large brush strokes to "roughly" color the image: 


After I finished coloring I set the paper aside to let it dry and selected the paper, photo and embellishments I wanted to use. Next came the designing of the page. Before adhering anything I placed everything I thought wanted to use on my paper and kept rearranging until I was satisfied with the look: 


After adhering everything I added some machine stitching, journaling, a date stamp and a couple of paint drops and I was done!


Here are a few close-ups of the finished page:




Hope you like it!! For more July Main Kit inspiration hop over to the MCS Design Team gallery and if you're interested in information about the kit club then you can find the details HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to take a peek at my project!
Hugs,
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Wat is die palmboom gaaf geworden zeg! Ontzettend mooie lay-out én foto weer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and love love love love that palm tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love your pretty page.......the water colored palm looks fabulous! So inspirational !!

    ReplyDelete