Tuesday 16 January 2018

Read Many Books - Step-By-Step - My Creative Scrapbook January Main Kit

Today I thought I'd share my January tutorial for My Creative Scrapbook. When I received the MCS January Main Kit I was so excited!! This kit with the "Welcome Home" collection from Carta Bella is just perfect for all those photos I take around the house daily! I just couldn't wait to dig in! So here's what I created!

For today's layout I used this photo of my daughter sitting outside in our garden in the September sun reading yet another book. As I'm a huge book lover myself I love it when I see my kids reading and often can't resist to take a photo.

I thought I would show you step-by-step how this page came together. 


I started by choosing one of the MCS January cut files and decided not to cut it out, but to replace the blade with a (gold colored) sketch pen and draw the file:


I wanted to color the image in the same shade as the "Gather" paper, while also matching my photo:


In the top left corner you see the "Gather" paper I used for reference:


Some of the colors turned out too bright so I used a bit of kitchen paper to absorb the water and with it some of the color. 

Next I chose one of the 4x6 journaling cards and placed my photo on it. I matted the photo & the 4x6 card and placed this on yet another piece of paper (both from the "Gather" paper: the front and the back). 

I adhered this on the right side of my layout, right in the middle. I glue my papers and photos with only a minimum of glue so that afterwards I'm always able to still slip photos or papers under it. And that's what I did here: the card with the basket with books and the tag (both from the Carta Bella ephemera package) were both added to the right side of my photo. 


Now I started embellishing my page a bit more: the "Home Sweet Home" sticker was adhered above my photo, the sticker with the vase and the flowers was added to the bottom left corner of my photo, the die-cut with the "home" text was adhered on top of the tag and the die-cut banner pieces were adhered under my photo with some 3D adhesive foam dots. 


As I love many embellishments on my layouts I added the "happiness" sticker on top of the card with the basket with books and the "home" sticker below, a chipboard piece with books on the bottom of my photo and a chipboard pot with herbs on the right side of my photo.


The layout is almost done, but I still need a title. I used the Thickers from the kit for the word "read" and the smaller letter stickers from the Carta Bella Cardstock Stickers for the words "many" and "books" and because I saw another books sticker on this same sheet of stickers I just had to add that too! 




Last but not least, I stamped the date below the chipboard pot with herbs, used my tiny attacher to staple a piece of ribbon on to the 4x6 journaling card and added a few drops of paint.... and I was done!


I really love this page of my daughter. It really fits her! 


Here's a photo of the fabulous January Main Kit I used. If you haven't seen the other kits for this month yet then please hop over to the My Creative Scrapbook website HERE


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope I've been able to inspire you a little. 

xoxo
Monique

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that background you created!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete