Saturday 18 August 2018

Bring on Summer - JustNick Studio

Happy Saturday everyone!! Here's another Summer layout created for JustNick Studio using the "Bring on Summer" cut files and the Sunshine & Happiness collection from Simple Stories. We had been having a couple of exceptionally warm and dry weeks here in The Netherlands and that called for lots of ice cream eating!

I used a photo of the boys and I having an ice cream on our walk through the city centre here in Delft. There's this lovely Italian ice cream shop in the market square where we love to try all the different flavors they sell (which are many!).


I just love all the different cut files in the "Bring on Summer" set and used both the sun, the ice cream and the sentence.


The reason I chose this cut file set was the ice cream cut file of course. I cut the cone once, but the ice cream ball three times. I placed these on top of each other and machine stitched them together:


Next I cut out the sun, adhered this behind the ice cream and stitched between the rays:


I matted the photo and adhered it on top of the ice cream. I cut out the title "Bring on Summer" and stapled it on top of the ice cream & photo:


I decorated the rest of the layout with lots of die-cuts, chipboard shapes, stickers and stamps and wrote a bit of journaling in the bottom right corner and was done!

I had so much fun creating this, hope you like it too!


Thank you so much for stopping by! And if you're looking for this cut file or for other summer cut files then please hop over to the JustNick shop!

Have a great day!
xoxo
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Wat een mooie LO, die laagjes zijn echt top! Mooie kleurtjes, vind het weer een heel gaaf geheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooo fun! LOVING the sun and the ice cream!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete