Friday 31 August 2018

Beautiful Day - JustNick & Felicity Jane

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing the layout that was up on JustNick's blog yesterday, created with two of Nicole's one-of-a-kind cut files!

Here's the layout I created for today's post. The photo I used is of my girl looking out over the sea and was taken during our vacation in Spain last May. I love how peaceful this photo looks.


For this page I chose one of the butterfly cut files "Butterfly Background", which I totally adore:


And the "Valentine" cut file, from which I used the word "love": 


I used the "Brie" collection from Felicity Jane for my layout and cut the butterfly background from the pink "Gradient Grid & Stripe" sheet. I just love the ombre effect on this paper.

Before adhering the butterflies to my background, I used a Nuvo blender brush and a pink ink pad to give the white cardstock a little bit of color and I also added a few drops of pink Tattered Angels mist. 

Here are a few close-up images of my layout. Of course I had to use the chipboard circle with the saying "without change there would be no butterflies" which was perfect for my page (although I always thought the saying was the other way around "without butterflies there would be no change" ...? )



The word "love" was cut from a dotted piece of cardstock and then adhered to the photo using my tiny attacher:


I really love how this layout turned out. I hope you do too!


Thank you so much for stopping by and before you go, be sure to check out all the butterfly cut files in the shop!

Here is a link to the files I used today:
- Butterfly Background
- Valentine

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have an amazing day!
xx Monique

1 comment: