Saturday 5 May 2012

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

.. or should I say "Happy International Scrapbook Day"? I don't know, but what I do know is that in the US today it's National Scrapbook Day and because of that My Little Shoebox is having a fun sketch challenge with a wonderful prize to be won!!

As we have our own Sketch Diva among our midst finding the perfect sketch for today was no problem! Here's what Liz (from The Scrappiest) created for us:


and here's my take on it:


For this layout I used My Little Shoebox' "Up in the Trees" collection.
Here are a few close-ups ... first, the banner made with my favorite Pennant tool from Epiphany Crafts.


Also made with the Shape Studio Tools from Epiphany Crafts (round 25), the epoxy birds:


I love stitching! .... also through titles:


 This MLS collection comes with a sheet full of die cuts, a.o. roll-up flowers like this one:


If you want to see what the other MLS designers did with this sketch or if you want to read more about the challenge have a look at My Little Shoebox' blog.

And you? Are you celebrating National Scrapbook Day too? or do you live in The Netherlands like me and are you celebrating "Bevrijdingsdag" (Liberation Day). I would love to know! If you leave me a comment, I'll make sure to stop by your blogs too!!

This is it for now, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY!!!!!

Hugs,
Monique

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty sketch! And your take on it is amazing! So many lovely details to admire.

    No, we don't celebrate scrapbooking in Sweden either, so I love your idea of calling it "International" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh helemaal super is deze weer! Zo leuk en speels allemaal!

    Groetjes, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een gave LO! Zoveel mooie details, zoals het touwtje en de nietjes, De mooie bloem, het stikwerk overal. Top gemaakt.
    Groetjes, Jose

    ReplyDelete