Thursday 7 August 2014

Just us - Ruby Rock-It


Hello my friends! Yesterday it was my turn to share on Ruby Rock-It's blog "why" I scrap ... I think my layout says it all: I scrap because some photos and memories "touch" me and I want to hold on to that feeling, I scrap because I want to preserve certain memories for my kids for when they're older and last but definitely not least I scrap because I need the creative outlet, I just love to play with papers and everything that comes with it! And that's what this layout is all about: the memory, the photo that touches my heart, the creative part: 


Because I always love to combine different designs and collections I decided to do just that for this page. Therefore I needed a subdued background and chose a kraft one. For the circle background, the title and the funky circles I used my Silhouette Cameo and for the rest of the rest of the page I used many different punches.  


On the tag there's some hidden journaling with a personal message from me to my son and husband.


The words and expressions were cut from one of the sheets from the "Kinda Krafty" collection: 


Fiskars was so generous to send us, the design team, several of their punches to work with. I got a  fantastic 1/2" star punch and this awesome 2 1/2" branch out lever punch: 


This is it for today. Hope you like it! 

My supply list: 

Other supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts & Bazzill Basics
tags, twine, staples and glassine bag: misc. 
Cut Files: Silhouette store & Kerri Bradford

Tools: 
Silhouette Cameo
Long Reach Stapler
Circle Punches

Thank you so much for stopping by Ruby Rock-It's blog today! 



8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors and all the circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Love how striking your white circles look against the kraft background! Such a busy template, but you've toned it down beautifully, and I just adore all the pops of sunny yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, die achtergrond! Wat een werk zal dat zijn geweest, maar je hebt er iets heel moois van weten te maken. Echt een gave lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab layout, Monique!! I love the circle die cut over the kraft background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echt heel erg gaaf! Ben jaloers op die achtergond, zo'n cameo is toch wel helemaal geweldig :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous circles...you have used your Silhouette so creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally knocked this out of the park! Wow! LOVE everything about this Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes... these are the reasons scrapbooking is one of the greatest hobbies...
    I love the background here together with this lovely picture... you rock it

    ReplyDelete