Friday 3 November 2017

Pebbles Heart of Home Thankful Layout

I just can’t believe how fast this year is flying by! Halloween has come and gone and now it’s already November!  I created today’s layout with Thanksgiving in mind. Here in The Netherlands, we don’t celebrate like in the US, but being thankful is something we can do everywhere in the world. With that in mind, here’s my thankful layout. I used the beautiful Heart of Home collection by Jen Hadfield, which I just can’t get enough of! I love the soft colors and all the golden touches.


When I got started on this page I knew which photo I wanted to use. It’s the photo of my husband and our three kids taken on Father’s Day last June. I adore this photo and it depicts what I’m most grateful for: a loving husband and three healthy, adorable, smart, kind, awesome kids! With this photo as my starting point, I gathered the papers and embellishments I wanted to use:


The journaling on my layout is written in Dutch, but it’s about the fact that I find it a real shame we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in The Netherlands. There is so much to be thankful for and I would love to have one day in the year where we all take time off to actually realize this. Before gluing my layout together, I printed my journaling directly onto a piece of patterned paper using my laptop with MS Word and my Canon printer.


Now that I had my paper with the journaling, I started adhering all the bits and pieces onto my white cardstock background. Of course I also used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of my page & grey card with the flowers and the sentiment (cut from the Heart of Home paper). For a little extra dimension, I used a few Sticky Thumb dimensional adhesive foam dots to adhere the tag beneath my photo and the heart die-cut:


I treated the flowers of the journaling card with my “Wink of Stella brush”. I love the glitter look! It fits the mood of this layout perfectly.


The title was added last. I love the pink color of these Thickers and definitely needed to include one of the words of this set. One of my very favorite embellishments on this layout is the gold 3D butterfly with the word “love” across it (from the Heart of Home dimensional stickers). It’s so delicate and beautiful!


I really love how this Heart of Home Thankful layout turned out. Hope you do too.


Supplies:
Heart of Home Heart of Home 12″x12″ Patterned Paper (733733)
Heart of Home From Me To You 12″x12″ Patterned Paper (733745)
Heart of Home Painted Dots 12″x12″ Patterned Paper (733749)
Heart of Home Gathering 12″x12″ Patterned Paper (733750)
Heart Of Home Painted Gingham 12″x12″ Patterned Paper (733756)
Heart of Home Thickers Words/Pink Foiled Foam (733767)
Heart of Home Ephemera (733769)
Heart Of Home Washi Tape (733759)
Heart of Home Dimensional Stickers w/gold foil accents (733765)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Adhesive Runner and Refill (340261)
American Crafts Sticky Thumb Adhesive Foam White Dots (340272)

3 comments:

  1. Wat een ontzettend mooie, stijlvolle lay-out! Het geheel ziet er zo mooi rustig uit, waardoor de foto er echt uitspringt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and how you did the journaling!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete