Wednesday 1 August 2012

OMBRE & Doodlebug!

When Melinda suggested we do a layout in "monochromatic ombre" for Doodlebug, I wondered what she meant. I had never heard of "ombre" before. Well, I did know it meant something with "shade", but I just couldn't figure out what that had to do with scrapbooking. As Melinda's email didn't work at the time, I decided to ask the girls at the Nook and of course they could help.

Here's what OMBRE means:

Ombre: n. A French term meaning "shaded".
Usually a multi colored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark.
 I then knew what I was going to create! And here it is:
What I love about Doodlebug's papers is that there are so many different papers but they all match! The designs, the structures, the colors ... everything! and except all those papers, you also have twine, stickers, diecuts, glitters ... in all the same colors! So creating a monchromatic ombre layout was easy peasy!
And the close-ups:

Together with Melinda Spinks' layout it's featured on Doodlebug's blog today! If you want to see what Melissa created, HERE is the link!

Supply List: Doodlebug Patterned Paper - Petite Prints, Hello Spring, Santa's Workshop, La-Di-Dot Cardstock, Candy Dots Sugar Coated Cardstock, Doodle Twine, Teensy Type Cardstock Alphabet Stickers, Boys Only Party Banner and Cute Cuts Cake & Ice Cream.

Thanks everyone for stopping by my blog today! I still owe you the holiday photos from France and I just realized I have over 200 followers all of a sudden! That calls for a celebration ... I feel like doing a give-away! and I think I know what .... Let me get back to you in say a day or 2. :):):)


Hugs,
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow thats an awesome layout. Just love the blues and all those layers, not to mention the butterflies. Yippee for 200 followers and I knew you back when.....!!! ROFL:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LO. I feel inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaf met al die laagjes!!!

    ReplyDelete