Tuesday 29 October 2013

I love owls!

Hi everyone! Yesterday my owl shadow box was on Doodlebug's blog and I thought I'd share it here too.


Last month I created a Haunted House Shadow Box for Doodlebug and because I loved it so very much, I decided to do another one. 

Those of you who know me well, know I {heart} owls, so the decision what to create was easy:


I used the "Happy Harvest" collection which I love for its warm colors and awesome designs (the blue paper in the background with the owls is my favorite!). 

I used half of a styrofoam ball, painted it brown and covered it with punched 1 inch circles, which I adhered with lots of pins. I worked from the middle to the edge; so I started with the owl's eyes and tummy and then filled the rest of the body with brown circles. 


Last but not least I added some finishing touches like the moustache, the pupils in the eyes, the feet, and the wings and the little heart. 


I had so much fun creating the owl and the fun part is, there're so many other animals you can create with half a styrofoam ball and punched circles, like a cute prickly hedgehog or a green frog or a fat chicken ... ! The possibilities are endless! If you decided to try one too, I'd love to see them! 

Thanks for visiting Doodlebug's blog and I wish you happy crafting!

Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment