Tuesday 20 September 2016

Pebbles Warm & Cozy Cards with Foil Accents

Hi everyone! I've got two cards up on Pebbles' blog, created with the wonderful "Warm & Cozy" collection and wanted to share it here too.

A little while ago I got a Heatwave Foil Pen from We R Memory Keepers and I couldn’t wait to use it! While creating the Warm & Cozy cards for today’s blog post I realized that this was the perfect opportunity to give the Heatwave Pen a try. The colors and beautiful designs of this collection are perfect to add some extra foil accents to. Here’s what I created:


The Heatwave Pen came with a couple of foil sheets and I also got some fun templates for it. I used the top template (Script) for both my cards and chose a red and a gold sheet of foil.


The cards I created measure 4″ x 6″ and 6″ x 4″ and have a white cardstock base and two layers of patterned paper. Before adhering the patterned papers to my cardstock base I added the pennants and machine stitched along the outer edge of the top paper. Now I was ready to add the foil accents. Here’re a few photos how I did this: I used some washi tape to (temporarily) adhere my papers, template and foil to my cutting mat, so everything would stay in one place while foiling:





Because the foil pen becomes very hot you need a cutting mat or a glass plate as a working surface. The foil pen can be held just like you would a normal pen and without adding a lot of pressure you just follow the template.


It’s very easy and I really like the result! Next I adhered the papers to the white cardstock base and I added a few embellishments. Here’s a closer look at the cards. On this card you can see what the gold foil looks like:



And on this card you can see the red foil:


I really like the extra texture the foil gives!


Hope you like my Warm & Cozy cards! I can’t wait to see what you’ll do with this collection!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Wishing you a fabulous day!

Supplies:
Warm & Cozy Warm Quotes Patterned Paper
Warm & Cozy Logs Patterned Paper
Warm & Cozy Antlers Patterned Paper
Warm & Cozy Cozy Tweed Patterned Paper
Warm & Cozy Cozy Comfort Patterned Paper
Warm & Cozy Ephemera Die Cuts
Warm & Cozy Chipboard
Warm & Cozy Rub-Ons
We R Memory Keepers Heatwave Stencil 7″x7″ Script
We R Memory Keepers Heatwave Pen Tool Starter Kit
American Crafts Twine
American Crafts White Cardstock
American Crafts Precision Pen Black 05


4 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke herfstkaartjes! Heel mooi warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty - love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete