Tuesday 13 September 2016

Two Doodlebug Flea Market Layouts!

If you're here for the Stuck?! Sketches / Clique Kits blog hop, just scroll down a bit! Thank you!

If not, then I've got a couple of Doodlebug layouts to share! I created them for the Flea Market feature on Doodlebug's blog. This collection is really amazing! I think it's my favorite collection so far, with awesome warm colors, super cute critters and versatile designs .... seriously, this collection has all I could ever wish for!

For my first layout I chose a photo of my youngest on his first day of school. It's the first day of his last year at this school and I couldn't wait to scrap it. When I saw this collection I knew straight away which photo I was going to use as the orange in the photo was just perfect!


Because of the very bright orange trousers my son is wearing I chose lots of orange for my layout. The mice die-cuts were chosen because the school building is very old and therefore I wouldn't be surprised to find at least a few little mice there, lol. 


Both the hearts behind my photo and the title were cut with my Silhouette Cameo, which I use for almost all of my pages. The card with the typewriter was cut from the "Vintage Type" paper and don't you think that paper clip is awesome?!


More often than not I don't have enough room on my layout to add the journaling. On this layout I solved this by including a little treat bag with a journaling card in it half hidden behind the photo: 


And now my second layout. For this layout I chose of photo of one of our vacations in France. I've been coming to this campsite ever since I was a little girl and now, 40 years later, I still come here. I've always loved this place and now my husband and kids love it here too. Here's my oldest son playing a computer game (yes, even when he's on vacation in France he still needs his iPod once in a while!)


For the background of this layout I used the "Strings Attached" digital cut file from The Cut Shoppe and adhered lots of little scraps of paper behind it. Only the centre heart remained empty (but is now so covered up you almost can't see it's a heart anymore!). 


The little strips of paper with the expressions all came from the "Vintage Type" paper as well. Don't you just love that little caravan?! It's perfect for my page as we always stay in caravan when we're here. 


I totally adore the "Fall Leaves" shape sprinkles and used quite a lot of them. I'm so happy all the new Doodlebug collections now contain a package with "Odds & Ends"! I use so many of them, like the camera, the sun flowers (perfect for photos of France), the mice ... I just love them all! 


And again my journaling came last, but in this case I left enough room to add it. 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Wishing you a wonderful week!
xxx
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Wauw, die kleuren en alle leuke die-cut details! Jij weet met dit leuke papier echt wel raad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww! These are just gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing pages! Loving this autumn collection. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layouts! LOVE how this cute collection works with your photos. Great little details.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! Amazing pages!! LOVE the colors in both!! And such cute embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what fun pages! love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are perfect - but i really live no.2 - all those different, perfect matching Paper pieces...great

    ReplyDelete