Thursday 10 November 2016

Delayed - Like For Ever October Kit

Hi everyone! A while ago I discovered the "Like For Ever" Kit Club, based in the UK, whose kits I really really like! I decided to order the October "Harmony" kit, which contains a lot of product from the fab Maggie Holmes' "Gather" collection! Today I want to share the first layout I created with it. The page is based on one of the sketches that was included in the kit.


The photo was taken last June when we traveled back from New York to Amsterdam and you guessed it right ... we had a couple of hours delay. We didn't mind at all and spent a couple of fun hours at the airport, drinking Starbucks and having our nails done.

Here are a few close-ups of my page:




And I thought I'd show you how I created the pinkish watercolor background:

1. I chose 2 different pinks from my Gelatos box and drew a few lines on my cutting mat:



2. I added some water using a little mister:


3. Next I used a plastic package from one of the items in the kit and placed this on top of the wet Gelatos mix:


4. I placed this plastic bag on my background paper, thus transferring the pink watercolor paint. What I really like about this technique is that it doesn't make my paper so terribly wet and because of that it doesn't wrinkle all that much!


5. This last step I repeated several times until I was satisfied with the result:


Fun right? Normally my pages tend to be rather "clean" except for a few paint drops here and there, but once in a while I like to use a bit more (watercolor) paint.

And last but not least, let me show you a photo of the October "Harmony" kit:


Featuring Maggie Holmes' Gather collection with complimentary elements by Pinkfresh Studios, Heidi Swapp and American Crafts, each kit uncludes:

Ten 12x12" double sided patterned papers (Magical, Beautiful, My Story, Happy Place, Blush, Jane, Joyful, Pure Joy, Pinnacle, Pallisades) | Three 12x12" Textured Cardstock (Seafoam, Marine, Mustard) | One pack Gather Together Thickers | One pack Indigo Hills Chipboard Hearts | One pack Gather Accent Stickers  | One pack Heidi Swapp Puffy Phrase Stickers  | One pack American Crafts DIY Shop Metallic Sequins

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my page. Stay tuned as the next layout is also ready to be uploaded to the blog!

Have a great day/evening!
xoxo
Monique


5 comments:

  1. This kit looks great. Love your page and how you did the pink effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superleuke lay-out! Dat roze geeft een heel mooi en subtiel effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo and the stitched circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely and interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE Find! And not so far away as America, either... I can see why you like this kit! And your LO is fabulous, of course! LOOOOVE the stitched circle with the sequins, especially. And the watercolour idea is great. I'm a fan of clear gesso....that way you can watercolour without warping, but still see all your PP behind:):)

    ReplyDelete