Thursday 20 September 2018

Beautiful | Pink Paislee | Step-by-step | My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! In this post I'm sharing a step-by-step of my "Beautiful" layout, created for My Creative Scrapbook with their September Main Kit.

This is the layout I created: 


I'm a huge fan of Pink Paislee and totally adore this month's kit featuring the Auburn Lane collection! I love it so much I didn't want to "spill" any papers and used my kit very carefully. The reason I'm telling you this, is that this is how I came up with the idea for this design, using only 1 sheet of paper: paper 07.

I really like the design of paper 07 with all the small triangles and decided I wanted to use the geometrical idea of this paper, but not necessarily limited to triangles. I toyed with some ideas and decided on the diamond shape.  


First I cut off strips of paper of 3 "rows" wide, like this:


Next I cut diamond shapes consisting of 6 triangles wide and 6 triangles long. After cutting the first, I used that one as a template to cut the rest of the diamond shapes:


I found that I really wanted smaller diamond shapes as well and cut a few of those too. Because the papers in the Auburn Lane collection are all double sided I automatically had diamond shapes in 2 different designs:


Placing the shapes this way and that, I decided on this design:


Using just a tiny bit of adhesive I glued the shapes to the cardstock, so I could always rearrange them later-on. I added my photo, a journaling card from paper 01 and some die-cuts & stickers and when I was happy with the way the layout looked I used my sewing machine to stitch the shapes permanently to my page. 




This is it! Really very easy! Hope you like it!

Here's a photo of the September Main Kit I used: 


For more information about the kit and how to secure one for yourself click HERE! Did you know that this month you will receive a free gift with your kit?!


Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete