Wednesday 31 October 2018

A colorful Fall layout for JustNick Studio

Hi there friends! Today I'm up on the blog of JustNick Studio sharing one of my Autumn layouts. For this page I decided to use one of JustNick's (cut) files to embroider the design on my layout instead of cutting the design. I chose the Floral Swag 3 and used it to create this page of my daughter:


Here's the cut file I used: Floral Swag 3


What I did was replacing the blade by a sketch pen and instead of cutting, I let my Silhouette Cameo draw the flowers on my cardstock. I then pierced holes along the lines and used embroidery floss in various colors to hand stitch the flowers and leaves.


I used Echo Park's "Celebrate Autumn" for my page as I just love the warm colors of the papers and because I love the owls and other cute critters in this collection!

Next I printed two small (3"x 4") photos of my girl, matted these and placed them above the flowers. I decided that the top of my layout was too white and cut a strip of patterned owl paper (4" x 12") and adhered this at the top of my layout, with a small border strip (0.5" x 12") below.

On both sides of the photos I added a little card and a few chipboard pieces:



As I thought there was too much white space in the largest flower of my embroidered design I punched 5 small circles and adhered these in the petals of the flower:


This is it. Hope you like it! There are more floral swag cut files in the JustNick store if you want to try some of them out to create Fall projects as well. Can't wait to see what you'll do!

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and that stitching!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete